I am definitely one for easy, convenient meals I can throw together. We love to make different varieties of quinoa bowls and hodgepodge salads, and this Mediterranean bowl is one of our favorites. Gluten free, full of fiber, and super high in plant protein, this is a simple, easy dinner that’s also FULL of flavor and beautiful color. The vegan Tzatziki sauce ties it all together!
Recipe serves 2 or 3 (depending on how hungry you are!)
For the Vegan Tzatziki Sauce:
- I cup of raw cashews
- 2/3 cup of unsweetened, non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tsp dried dill
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- Dash of black pepper
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender until creamy.
- Pro-Tip: Pour into a plastic baggy and cut one of the corners off to make for easy drizzling onto salad.
For the Roasted Chickpeas:
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed thoroughly
- 1.5 tbs coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- Dash of pink Himalayan salt and pepper
- Toss the chickpeas in the coconut oil, cayenne, and salt & pepper and spread onto a flat baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes or until golden and crispy
- Stir and flip a few times for even cooking.
For the Bowl:
- 4 cups of mixed greens
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- Toss the mixed greens in the lemon juice and liquid aminos.
- Add veggies, quinoa, and roasted chickpeas to your bowls, splitting evenly between 2 or 3 servings.
- Top with sliced avocado and drizzle with the vegan Tzatziki and serve with extra slices of lemon.
- Optional Add ins: Kalamata Olives, Raw Feta Cheese